Like many of us, I get a lot of my ideas from Pinterest.
Whether or not any of these pins actually get tried, or just dreamed about is sort of a luck of the draw.
This particular pin intrigued me and I needed to try it out for our windows!
Tension rods are wrapped with garland and ornaments hung with ribbon.
I decided that since my valances covered the tension rod anyway, I could simply drape the garland to make it prettier. The ornaments were hung with fishing line because I want to add cottonball snow later when I find the time, and also I had it handy whereas I didn't have a lot of ribbon.
It was so simple, and only took about three hours, but would have been less had I not had to juggle the kitten, the 2 year old and the cat all around while I was stringing and hanging :)
I did the first window in red and green with gold accents. I took the picture before I straightened out the fishing line and got them all hanging evenly, so whoops!
The second window was silver and white. I was going to add blue accents, but couldn't find any dollar store ornaments in blue, so it will either not happen, or maybe I'll be lucky later in the season.
And a closeup of the gorgeous snowflake ornaments! :)
What I learned: Cats and hanging ornaments don't mix well. I would make them shorter next time and not quite so handy to reach for little hands and paws.
Still it gives an overall cheer to the windows, and while I don't think it would hold the lights (my original plan) it may just be enough.
2 comments:
Very pretty Jules. I imagine they are terribly tempting for the kitties and Tabs. Oh by the way, Tabitha is absolutly ADORABLE!!! She is such a gorgeous little girl, I'm very happy for you.
I was wondering if this project could be done with the clear plastic ornaments, interiorly decorated by your choice and lit with those little battery operated tea lites. It would be a pain turning them off an on, but maybe for an ultimate Christmas Eve decorative window or area it would be very pretty and unique.
Oh and I really, really, LOVE your new blog decor. This is the kind of graphic art that was popular when your mom and I were little girls. Cooool!!! Love you!
Those windows turned out fantastic! Great job! I especially love the snowflakes.
Post a Comment