This Post from Purlbee.com was just so cute and springy that I HAD to do it.
Since Easter was coming on, and my white tulip bloomed I was purely in the mood for some spring, some easter, and some goodwill feelings.
The original plan was to purchase a pack of felt, but as time was marching on, I ended up purloining what I needed from a store I was keeping for a family member (with permission, of course!)
I drew my own template as the one that Purlbee provides was a lot larger than I wanted to go. Then you simply cut 2 of each color (and 2 white for each bunny).
To get step-by-step directions on how to sew them together, you can go to the original post, but it's a simple running stitch. You sew the four layers together on both sides, except the very bottoms and the ears. I used white embroidery floss for the running stitch, but split the six strands in half, using only three strands. The black and pink floss I kept at six strands for better coverage.
The first one I was so excited that I sewed it all together first, but then finding it difficult to get the needle all the way inside due to the smaller size, I started sewing in the eyes before sewing them together so the knot would be on the inside. This one just has to have eyelashes.
Here is a front view where you can see how the nose is sewn around the front edge of the four pieces. Pretty simple stuff.
Instead of using white floss for the whiskers, I used fishing line since I happened to already have a roll. I used the same technique of knotting each side that Pearlbee describes.
Then I discovered that the only yarn I had was red. Umm...not going to work for fluffy bunny tails.
After debating on several differing materials (polarfleece, lace, ribbon) I found these little shiny pom poms stored away from projects of yesteryear. So, I used them instead of making my own.
And here is a shot of all of them showing off that springy feel with the wonderful eastery color palatte.
They were a big hit, and the playing with got started as SOON as or even before they were completely finished.
What are you doing to Easter and Spring up your life?
2 comments:
Those are awesome! :D
Those turned out so cute! I didn't do any Easter crafts this year, but I'm getting excited to plant things soon.
Post a Comment