Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Ruffles Dress

Going to the fabric store is sometimes detrimental to my pocketbook. Especially with such cute fabrics that come out around the holidays. This Christmas was no different.


Just look at those beautiful patterns and stripes!
I don't often mix patterns, I usually work more with solids, so I was eager to try these together.


After doing the math to figure out the ruffle size, I got started right away.



One thing I didn't skimp on this time was ironing after almost every seam. I helped the overall professional look and lay of the dress. That was especially important in getting all those ruffles to lay correctly. Cotton is great at keeping it's shape after ironing, and made everything much more simple to stitch together.

Finished front view:


 

Finished back view:
 
 
Layers of lace and ruffle and ribbon and bows. Perfect for all little girls.

 
Which naturally leads to twirling!
 

No comments: